This is an example of a WordPress page, you could edit this to put information about yourself or your site so readers know where you are coming from. You can create as many pages like this one or sub-pages as you like and manage all of your content inside of WordPress.
- 14,640 hits
- Eye Candy for Today: Watanabe Seitei ink and color on silk August 22, 2017Bird on Branch Watching Spider, Watanabe Seitei Ink and color on silk; roughly 14 x 10 inches (36 x 26 cm); in the collection of the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Use the Download or Enlarge links under the image on their site. Even though the Read More ...Charley Parker
- Woonyoung Jung August 21, 2017Woonyoung Jung is a visual development artist with Dreamworks Animation, but most of his online presence is devoted to his personal work — in particular two delightful series. One is “Young Witches”, in which young women in colorful — rather then dour black — witches Read More ...Charley Parker
- Merry-Joseph Blondel August 21, 2017Merry-Joseph Blondel was a French Neoclassical painter active in the early part of the 19th century. He studied with the well known painter Jean-Baptiste Regnault, and from fairly early in his career formed a lasting friendship with Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres. Blondel had a tremendously successful career, Read More ...Charley Parker
- Sneak peek: First look at the TEDWomen 2017 lineup August 22, 2017This November, we’re gathering in New Orleans for three days of TEDWomen — to share talks about bridging the world today and the world we all hope to build. Today, we’re announcing the first speakers on our lineup, a mix of powerful voices, creative insights and committed activism that will set the tone for our time together. Read on to learn more about thes […]TED Staff
- What does an eclipse sound like? Plus: Progress in the fight against anonymous companies, life after prison, and much more August 18, 2017As usual, the TED community has lots of news to share this week. Below, some highlights. Hearing and feeling an eclipse. An eclipse is a visual phenomenon, difficult to describe, but what if you can’t see it for yourself? Dr. Henry Winter of the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics partnered with The National Center for Accessible Media to design an a […]Rebekah Barnett
- A sobering new video from Beverly and Dereck Joubert on World Lion Day August 10, 2017Documentary filmmakers Beverly and Dereck Joubert have worked to conserve wildlife in Africa for more than 30 years. Last year, I visited the Jouberts in one of the Great Plains safari camps and preserves they founded: Great Plains Conservation, launched a few years ago in Botswana and Kenya. You can read about my 2016 visit and their work in honor of World […]Pat Mitchell