This is an example of a WordPress page, you could edit this to put information about yourself or your site so readers know where you are coming from. You can create as many pages like this one or sub-pages as you like and manage all of your content inside of WordPress.
- 14,599 hits
- George Vicat Cole June 24, 2017Victorian era painter George Vicat Cole was the middle of three generations of painters; his father, George Cole, and his son, Rex Vicat Cole, were both painters of note. His daughter, Mary Blanch Cole, was also an artist, but I’ve been unable to find any information about her online. George Vicat Cole was noted for […]Charley Parker
- Eye Candy for Today: Julian Alden Weir’s The Factory Village June 23, 2017The Factory Village, Julian Alden Weir In the collection of the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Use the “Download” or “Enlarge” links under the image on their site. In this late 19th century scene — that makes factory life seem almost idyllic — I love Weir’s textural application of paint and the way he uses it […]Charley Parker
- DIY Pochade Boxes – make your own cheap pochade box from simple materials June 23, 2017As I pointed out in my previous post on making DIY pochade boxes out of cigar boxes, the cost of a commercial pochade box can sometimes be prohibitive, particularly for those on a tight budget or who are as yet uncertain if they want to commit serious resources to plein air painting. So blog posts […]Charley Parker
- Why TED takes two weeks off every summer June 23, 2017TED.com is about to go quiet for two weeks. No new TED Talks will be posted on the web until Monday, July 10, 2017, while most of the TED staff takes our annual two-week vacation. Yes, we all (or almost all) go on vacation at the same time. No, we don’t all go to the same place. We’ve been doing it this way now for eight years. Our summer break is a little l […]Emily McManus
- An updated design for TED Talks June 22, 2017It’s been a few years since the TED Talks video page was last updated, but a new design begins rolling out this week. The update aims to provide a simple, straightforward viewing experience for you while surfacing other ideas worth spreading that you might also like. A few changes to highlight … More talks to watch Today there are about 2,500 TED Talks in th […]Aaron Weyenberg
- TEDWomen update: Black Lives Matter wins Sydney Peace Prize June 18, 2017 Pat Mitchell