Error 404 - Page not found!
The page you trying to reach does not exist, or has been moved. Please use the menus or the search box to find what you are looking for.
- 14,549 hits
- Miguel Angel Moya April 21, 2017Miguel Angel Moya is a contemporary realist painter originally from Valencia, Spain. Hi subjects include orchestras and musicians, inspired by Moya’s own time as a professional violinist, as well as cityscapes and architectural interiors. In his most recent series, Moya has focused on enigmatic still life of biological forms — mostly sea creatures — suspende […]Charley Parker
- Eye Candy for Today: Ivan Shishkin’s Rye April 13, 2017Rye, Ivan Shishkin Link is to zoomable version on the Google Art Project, downloadable file on Wikimedia Commons; original is in the State Tretyakov Gallery, Moscow. In contrast to his scenes of thick forest groves, Russian landscape master Ivan Shishkin here stands his trees as sentinels above the expanse of a rye field. A dirt […]Charley Parker
- Jim Woodring April 6, 2017Jim Woodring is a comics artist and painter who delves into strange and wonderful imagery derived from dreams and a history of childhood hallucinations. Woodring is known for his short comics stories, told wordlessly and in a stream-of-unconsciousness manner, that feature his recurring character, “Frank”. Frank is something of an apparition in himself, a fev […]Charley Parker
- Experience the TED2017 conference in movie theaters, with other curious minds April 22, 2017You probably watch TED Talks on an assortment of small screens. But next week, you’re invited to experience them on the big screen. As the TED2017 conference takes place in Vancouver, Canada, special sessions will be broadcast live in movie theaters across the United States and world. On April 24, the Opening Event will bring surprising life advice from Tim […]Kate Torgovnick May
- Paul Nicklen’s new images carry a dire warning about climate change April 22, 2017This post first appeared at BillMoyers.com. In the summer of 2014, one of the world’s top nature photographers was on an expedition in the far north to document the changing Arctic. Paul Nicklen was sailing around Svalbard, an archipelago halfway between Scandinavia and the North Pole. The largely uninhabited land sees 24 hours of sunlight in the summer and […]Pat Mitchell
- Chris Burkard’s quest for the perfect Arctic surf April 19, 2017Along the remote, frozen coast of Hornstrandir National Park, photographer Chris Burkard (TED Talk: The Joy of Surfing in Ice-Cold Water) and his team were in search of the Shangri-La of ice-cold surfing. Instead, they encountered Iceland’s biggest storm to hit land in 25 years. The challenges and hardships that transpired over those few days, Burkard captur […]Chelsea Catlett