Error 404 - Page not found!
The page you trying to reach does not exist, or has been moved. Please use the menus or the search box to find what you are looking for.
- 14,518 hits
- W. Heath Robinson (update) March 24, 2017William Heath Robinson, who signed his pictures “W. Heath Robinson”, was an English illustrator, cartoonist, author and watercolorist known in particular for his wry cartoons and his series of drawings depicting unlikely and complicated contraptions for accomplishing mundane tasks. Here in the U.S. we associate the latter with American cartoonist Rube Goldbe […]Charley Parker
- Eye Candy for Today: Sargent’s portrait of Mrs. Hammersly March 22, 2017Mrs. Hugh Hammersley, John Singer Sargent In the collection of the Metropolitan Museum of Art. It’s only paint, brushes and canvas, folks. (Sigh.)Charley Parker
- James Gurney’s Living Sketchbook app March 20, 2017One of the most fascinating ways to see into the mind of an artist is to have the opportunity to look through their sketchbooks. This is not often possible; sketchbooks are frequently personal, full of unfinished thoughts and experiments and seldom volunteered for display by the artists themselves. When the opportunity does arise, it’s a […]Charley Parker
- A new civic gathering, awarding disobedience, and the case for resettlement March 24, 2017As usual, the TED community has lots of news to share this week. Below, some highlights. A new civic gathering. To cope with political anxiety after the 2016 elections, Eric Liu has started a gathering called Civic Saturday. He explained the event in The Atlantic as “a civic analogue to church: a gathering of friends and strangers in a common place to nurtur […]Joseph Isaac
- A night to talk about design March 14, 2017Designers solve problems and bring beauty to the world. At TEDNYC Design Lab, a night of talks at TED HQ in New York City hosted by design curator Chee Pearlman with content producer Cloe Shasha, six speakers pulled back the curtain to reveal the hard work and creative process behind great design. Speakers covered a range of topics, including the numbing mon […]Alejandra Vasquez
- Meet the Spring 2017 class of TED Residents March 14, 2017TED Residents Steve Rosenbaum and Nikki Allen Webber break the ice (that’s Alison Cornyn in the background). [Photo: Dian Lofton / TED] On March 6, TED welcomed its latest class to the TED Residency program. As an in-house incubator for breakthrough ideas, Residents spend four months in the TED office with other exceptional people from all over the map. Each […]TED Staff