Error 404 - Page not found!
The page you trying to reach does not exist, or has been moved. Please use the menus or the search box to find what you are looking for.
- 14,623 hits
- Jean-Claude Mézières July 28, 2017I haven’t yet seen the new Luc Besson film, Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, but I have read a number of the French comics (bandes dessinées) on which the movie was based — Valérian and Laureline (alternately, Valerian: Spatio-Temporal Agent), created by writer Pierre Christin and artist Jean-Claude Mézières. Mézières is an […]Charley Parker
- Eye Candy for Today: John William Hill watercolor landscape July 27, 2017Landscape: View on Catskill Creek, John William Hill Watercolor and gouache; roughly 10 x 15 inches (25 x 38 cm); in the collection of the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Use the “Download” or “Enlarge” links under the image on their site. British-American artist John William Hill was noted for his scientific illustrations of birds and […]Charley Parker
- Atey Ghailan July 22, 2017Atey Ghailan is a concept artist and illustrator living in Lidingö, Sewden and currently working with Riot Games. The examples of work on his various web presences (also under the handle snatti/snatti89 ) are mostly of personal work, and primarily from a project called “Path of Miranda” which is the story of a young girl […]Charley Parker
- Prosthetics that feel more natural, how mushrooms may help save bees, and more July 21, 2017Please enjoy your roundup of TED-related news: Prosthetics that feel more natural. A study in Science Robotics lays out a surgical technique developed by Shriya Srinivasan, Hugh Herr and others that may help prosthetics feel more like natural limbs. During an amputation, the muscle pairs that allow our brains to sense how much force is applied to a limb and […]Rebekah Barnett
- What if? … and other questions that lead to big ideas: The talks of TED@UPS July 21, 2017Hosts Bryn Freedman and Kelly Stoetzel welcome us to the show at TED@UPS, July 20, 2017, at SCADshow in Atlanta, Georgia. (Photo: Mary Anne Morgan / TED) What if one person could change the world? What if we could harness our collective talent, insight and wisdom? And what if, together, we could spark a movement with positive impact far into the future? For […]Brian Greene
- Our podcast “Sincerely, X” co-produced with Audible now available free worldwide July 21, 2017Last year, TED and Audible co-produced a new audio series that invited speakers to share ideas—anonymously. Our goal was to make room for an entirely new trove of ideas: those that could only be broadcast publicly if the speaker’s identity remained private. The series debuted with a number of powerful stories, and we learned a lot in the process (read about […]Anna Phelan