Error 404 - Page not found!
The page you trying to reach does not exist, or has been moved. Please use the menus or the search box to find what you are looking for.
- 14,874 hits
- Elizabeth Robbins August 13, 2018Utah-based painter Elizabeth Robbins focuses primarily on floral still life, and also paints portraits and Western Art subjects. In her still life paintings, she take a direct, painterly approach, often with dramatic chiaroscuro contrasts. I particularly enjoy her use of soft and hard edges and Read More ...Charley Parker
- Matthew Cook (update 2018) August 10, 2018Matthew (Matt) Cook is a UK artist and illustrator who I have featured previously (and here), mostly in reference to his fascinating role as a reportage illustrator in the middle-east war zones. In this post, I’d like to focus instead on his more recent travel Read More ...Charley Parker
- Eye Candy for Today: Isaac Levitan Crimean landscape August 8, 2018In the Crimean Mountains, Isaac Ilich Levitan Oil on canvas, roughly 26 x 14 inches (68 x 36 cm); in the collection of the Tretyakov Gallery, Moscow. This stunning rocky landscape is part of the superb collection of works in the Tretyakov Gallery by 19th Read More ...Charley Parker
- 3 reasons why women are still fighting for equal healthcare August 13, 2018“A common theme here is that the data exists, but it has been ignored or beaten back,” says science journalist Linda Villarosa. At the Aspen Ideas Festival, TEDWomen co-host Pat Mitchell (at right) led a conversation about challenges around getting fair and equitable health care for women. The panel included, from left, journalist Villarosa, Dr. Deborah Rhod […]Pat Mitchell
- Why TED takes two weeks off every summer July 27, 2018TED.com is about to go quiet for two weeks. No new TED Talks will be posted on the website until Monday, August 13, 2018, while most of the TED staff takes our annual two-week summer holiday. Yes, we all, or almost all, go on holiday at the same time. (No, we don’t all go to the same place.) We’ve been doing it this way now for almost a decade. Our summer br […]Emily McManus
- Ideas sparked by “What if?”: The talks of TED@UPS 2018 July 23, 2018Juan Perez, UPS’s chief information and engineering officer, opens TED@UPS with a question: “What if?” (Photo: Ryan Lash / TED) The greatest ideas of our time will be sparked by a simple question: “What if?” What if we had truly inclusive workplaces? What if we removed the inefficiencies that stand in the way of eliminating world hunger? What if we could del […]Brian Greene