Error 404 - Page not found!
The page you trying to reach does not exist, or has been moved. Please use the menus or the search box to find what you are looking for.
- 14,845 hits
- Henry Ryland June 17, 2018Henry Ryland was a British painter and illustrator active in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, who shows the influence of Victorian painters like Albert Moore and Lawrence Alma-Tadema. Though he sometimes painted in oil, he was known for his elegant figurative watercolors. These Read More ...Charley Parker
- Eye Candy for Today: Samuel Palmer ink and watercolor drawing May 28, 2018Oak Tree and Beech, Lullingstone Park, Samuel Palmer Pen and brown ink, with gouache an watercolor on toned paper, roughly 12 x 18 inches (30 x 47 cm); in the collection of the Morgan Library and Museum, NY. Use the “Zoom Image” or “Download Image” Read More ...Charley Parker
- Liz Shippam May 23, 2018To my eye, there appears to be a tendency in contemporary botanical art to be so respectful of scientific accuracy that contrasts of color and value are often sacrificed, leading to reserved, delicate watercolor renderings that are less impactful as artworks on their own. The Read More ...Charley Parker
- TEDx talk under review June 19, 2018Updated June 20, 2018: An independently organized TEDx event recently posted, and subsequently removed, a talk from the TEDx YouTube channel that the event organizer titled: “Why our perception of pedophilia has to change.” In the TEDx talk, a speaker described pedophilia as a condition some people are born with, and suggested that if we recognize it as such […]TED Staff
- 12 books from favorite TEDWomen speakers, for your summer reading list June 18, 2018We all have a story to tell. And in my work as curator of the TEDWomen conference, I’ve had the pleasure of providing a platform to some of the best stories and storytellers out there. Beyond their TED Talk, of course, many TEDWomen speakers are also accomplished authors — and if you liked them on the TED stage, odds are you will enjoy spending more time wit […]Pat Mitchell
- An ambitious plan to explore our oceans, and more news from TED speakers June 15, 2018The past few weeks have brimmed over with TED-related news. Below, some highlights. Exploring the ocean like never before. A school of ocean-loving TED speakers have teamed up to launch OceanX, an international initiative dedicated to discovering more of our oceans in an effort to “inspire a human connection to the sea.” The coalition is supported by Bridg […]Yasmin Belkhyr